Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 1997 08:44:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        shovey@buffnet.net (Steve Hovey)
Cc:        rh@mtl.pl, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Radius & USR TCH

According to Steve Hovey:

> On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Robert Heron wrote:
>

> > Does any one have running radius for FreeBSD 2.1.7 and USR TCH ?
> > I try to do this, but always get the error: "Parse error for user xxx".
> >

> I have the merit radius, I think its the one from the ports - which where
> gives you that error?

This string is indeed part of the Merit AAA Server which someone (I'm
sorry, but his name escapes me) put into the ports collection.  This
string represents a parsing error in the "users" file used to configure
user profiles for the Merit AAA Server.  Robert may have made a typo
or some other syntactical error -- I would need to see his users file.

The logging of this message is accompanied by a line number of the
problem line in the users file.  We maintain a support mailing list
(which is one-way, i.e., not join-able) for both our licensed AAA
customers and others who have questions about the Merit AAA Server at:

   aaa-support@merit.edu

However, we cannot afford to give the same time and effort supporting
non-licensed customers as we do to our paying customers, sorry...  :-(

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Email: web@merit.edu
Merit Network Inc.                 Ann Arbor, Michigan