Date:      Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:57:20 -0600
From:      Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie@outstep.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        "Grigory O. Ptashko" <trancer@bk.ru>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compile Kernel Question

For a particular project as small web hosting company called
"PeoplesQuest Web Hosting Services" we are going to be using a control
panel  H-Sphere that  needs FreeBSD 4.11 because of  some particular
Java dependency so I have had that version loaded onto the server so
that we can migrate over from Linux.

If all goes well, then in the future we will update to the latest stable
versions of FreeBSD but I am going to be carefully watching how it
performs in comparison to various Linux versions although I am told that
FreeBSD is very stable and performs extremely well, and better in many
cases that Linux, under heavy loads. I would like to know more about the
benchmarks on this so we will be trying to see what happens.

Cheers,
Lonnie