Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:53:24 -0600
From:      seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sitting on hands (no longer Re: FreeBSD vs Linux, Solaris, and NT)

In message <NEBBIGOKKMNLOMOHMJNPIELGCNAA.admin@bsdfan.cncdsl.com>, "SteveB" wri
tes:
>It would just make pitching FreeBSD and other open OS's in the
>enterprise a lot easier if there was an QA process that official
>releases went through.

There might be; I haven't looked.  I am pretty happy with the results of
whatever's being done now, so maybe the right thing to do is document
it.  ;)

>Also volunteering to QA would be a good
>training ground to gain familiarity with a OS and a chance to
>communicate with developers.

True.  One of the nice things about the BSD's is that, while anyone can
develop code and contribute it, there's a certain amount of review it has
to pass before it's actually *USED*.

-s