Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2014 17:24:12 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkg add: howto force the installation of a binary package?

--Sig_/I9zzzco9CLxh27n/5Nf+m+w

Since this ever-fragile FreeBSD port editors/libreoffice fails on 11-CURREN=
T and
9.2-STABLE to compile (it fails on fours systems running the named flavours=
 of OS), I try
to install the binary package via pkg add. But, very funny, I receive alway=
s the error:

pkg: Missing dependency matching Origin: 'net/openldap24-client' Version: '=
2.4.39'

The port in question is already installed, but I have=20

pkg info -ox openldap
openldap-sasl-client-2.4.39 net/openldap24-sasl-client

This is fun. I tried to find the magical "force" knob in pkg-add to overrid=
e such
(insane) restrictions, but I didn't find any.

Is there a regular way to install the port by force without checking for th=
e dependency?
It seems that pkgng allows only installations of ports that do not dare to =
have different
options than the standard defined in the binary package expectations?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Oliver

P.S. Please CC me.

--Sig_/I9zzzco9CLxh27n/5Nf+m+w