Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 1999 00:23:26 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Allen Cleveland <allenc@mindsieve.com>
Cc:        Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SETI@home error

Allen Cleveland wrote:

> and

> >I bet you need to create a new account because you are using new software.
> >The only use I have had for win98 lately is to run the win98 version. It
> >is neat looking.
> >
> >-d
>
> I guess I could do that, but looking over the temp.txt file makes me think
> all the user info is correct, in that this info agrees with the same file I
> have on the 98 boxes.

I brought up my temp.txt from FreeBSD and NT and they were identical
except for the information that has changed. Some of it is a capture
of your status when you setup the program on the current machine. The
only real difference is the result_header.txt file on FreeBSD. I
started running setiathome on 22 May 1999 when I was running FreeBSD
3.1R.

It has been useful to tune using all of my systems to produce more
work. You certainly find some surprises :-).

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html