Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 22:45:37 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
Cc:        "Steve W. Heistand" <heistand@nas.nasa.gov>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: proxy service help

> I'm in the same situation, although Quake is the driving force. I've tried
> the latest PPP binaries(using ppp -alias), everything works great, except
> for games like Quake and Dialbo. I wonder if we asked/beg brain somers( I
> believe he's the one that provides updates to ppp) to add support for upd
> and Games that current can't be played via ppp -alias......
>
> Otherwise I love my FreeBSD box, But fragging people keeps me SANE
[.....]

This is probably already possible, you'll need to be able to identify
the <insert your favourite game here> packets by port address.  So if
you've got a Quake server on 10.0.0.2:5000 (internal) and a gateway on
10.0.0.1 (internal) and 1.2.3.4 (external) with natd/ppp -alias
running, you'd have an entry in your ppp.conf saying

alias port udp 10.0.0.2:5000 5000

Having said that, I've never gotten around to looking at the traffic
that quake sends around the place, so I'm not sure that it has an
identifyable port number.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;