Date:      Tue, 30 May 2006 21:52:21 +0200
From:      "Lars Stokholm" <lars.stokholm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Saving output of an application

I don't know how to explain this, but I remember that there is some
way of saving everything that's going on in the terminal, I just don't
remember the command for doing so. I think it's something along the
lines of (e.g.):

# something file.name (this would start logging)
# portupgrade -a (or anything else)
# someting something (this would stop logging and close the file)

file.name would then contain all of the output of portupgrade. Can
someone help me with the right command? :)