Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 1996 16:36:16 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Squid configuration

Dave Andersen wrote:

> http://www.nlanr.net/Cache
> squid-users@nlanr.net
>
> If you'd like, I'd be happy to send you my Squid configuration file as an
> example.  Squid compiles without modification under 2.1.5 (though if
> you're running a _big_ cache, you'll want to replace the malloc from
> stable with phkmalloc from -current.  It makes a nice difference).
>
> They supply a fairly basic configuration example with Squid - it works
> almost without problems.
>
>     -Dave Andersen

Thanks Dave, It seems that something else is wrong, I thought it
was my conf, But it seems to be close to others that have posted
theirs for me to look at.
Basically like the default sample!

Maybe it didn't compile correctly, I'm going to rebuild it again
even though there was no errors.

I've ftp'd 1.0.12 and 1.1.alpha16, Havn't tried either of them
yet, Just 1.0.0.
Get it running first, then step out on the edge.. :)

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848