Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:35:54 -0500
From:      Derrick Norris <derrick@norris-net.com>
To:        Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Asus CUSL2 815E

On Sunday 10 February 2002 10:48 pm, Len Conrad wrote:
> >I built a machine in July of 2001 using a CUSL2
>
> On the asus.com site, a site search:
>
> Sorry, no results were found containing "CUSL2"
>
> but this works: CUSL2-C   :))

Oh well, maybe because they have gone to the TUSL2 now -- I
definitely have a CUSL2 (no -C) motherboard, and you can still find
plain CUSL2 under the BIOS upgrade listings... :)

> also,
>
> 3x 168-pin DIMM supporting maximum 512MB PC133/100 non-ECC SDRAM
>
> ... is limiting if you want to standardize on one board.

I suppose that could be limiting, but I have only 256MB on the board
right now, and by the time I want to go over 512MB I will probably be
ready to build another machine.

> this one is have the price:  Elite Group K7S5A

Apples and oranges, but FWIW, I don't particularly care for SiS
chipsets (though just my opinion), and the poster was asking about a
CUSL2 which is a Pentium III/Celeron MB, not an AMD.  Also, in Tom's
Hardware mainboard guide, an Asus CUSL2 never placed lower than the
top 4 out of 21 in any category and placed number one in a couple
IIRC, while an Elite Group MB (not the one you mention) was not
included in the test because he could never get it to work.  Doesn't
inspire much confidence in me :-).  But whatever works for you...

Derrick