Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 09:01:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Minimal SUID/SGID programs list? (was: Re: New EXPLOIT located!)

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:

> find / -fstype ufs \( -perm -u+s -or -perm -g+s \) -print
>
> will get you a list of all locally installed SUID / SGID binaries.

Does anybody have a list of the minimal SUID/SGID programs needed?  I
could easilly start removing bits everywhere, but the server I would like
to do it on needs to stay UP without problems..  I can go back later and
set the programs I need personally back to suid, but what does the OS need?

-Brandon Gillespie