Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 2009 17:37:23 +0100
From:      jakub <jakub.bednar@avg.com>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Diverting sockets and streams

Hi list,

I have a newbie question about divert sockets but I can't find a direct
answer.

I have a rule like this:

ipfw add divert 5555 tcp from me to any 80 keep-state

If I understand it correctly, in order to check the data stream properly
I have to deal with:

1. packet reordering
2. packet duplication

so basically I have to implement part of the TCP stack in my app.

I don't have to bother with fragmentation (according to man pages).
I won't be able to understand IPSec packets as I will get encrypted IP
frames.

Am I correct?  Or can you please tell me how it really works?

Thanks a lot,

Jakub