Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 20:27:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Neil Bradley <neil@synthcom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PnP problem...

On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Neil Bradley wrote:

> You mean to say that the GUS uses two interrupts for one ISA card? Now
> that is stupid.

The GUS PnP uses *3* interrupts :)  As Amancio explained earlier, it's
unavoidable since each "logical" part of the card is handled by a
different driver.

> 1) Disable all PNP devices
> 2) Probe for ISA
> 3) Obtain EISA information - report conflicts with ISA devices
> 4) Initialize EISA devices
> 5) Init PnP devices
> 6) Init PCI devices
> 7) Boot system ;-)

Unfortuantely, this won't work...  In FreeBSD, it goes

Init PCI
Init EISA
Init PC-Card
Init ISA

This seems like a pretty intergal part of the boot process.  I really
don't see changing this without ripping about huge amounts of code (Which
I'm not going to do, just to introduce this minor addition to the
kernel).

Sujal