Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:16:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mingo lu <freebiebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SMP problems

--0-392706432-1024888604=:21699

Hi:

I am trying to build SMP kernel with my dual-cpu machine (compaq proliant) and failed. atcually it was compiled with no error. After reboot, it hanged up at :

Change APIC ID for IO APIC #0 from 0 to 2 on chip

Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #0

IOAPIC #O intpin 2 -> irq 0

The booting process never went beyond this,ust hanged at this point.

I checked kernel file and found there were no lines (options NCPU, NBUS, NAPIC and NINTR). I added those lines and tried to recomplied it; the compilation was failed:

KERNEL:74: unknown option "NINTR"

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src

Help!!!

TIA

_mingo

--0-392706432-1024888604=:21699

<P>Hi:</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I am trying to build SMP kernel with my dual-cpu machine (compaq proliant) and failed. atcually it was compiled with no error. After reboot, it hanged up at :</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>.....</P>
<P>Change APIC ID for IO APIC #0 from 0 to 2 on chip</P>
<P>Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #0</P>
<P>IOAPIC #O intpin 2 -&gt; irq 0</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>The booting process never went beyond this,ust hanged at this point.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I checked kernel file and&nbsp;found there&nbsp;were no lines (options NCPU, NBUS, NAPIC and NINTR). I added those lines and tried to recomplied it; the compilation was failed:</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>KERNEL:74: unknown option "NINTR"</P>
<P>*** Error code 1</P>
<P>Stop in /usr/src</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Help!!!</P>