Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 97 00:55:53 -0800
From:      "That Doug Guy" <tiller@connectnet.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Atapi.flp

	Since the question about the atapi.flp comes up sooooooooooo
often, and is likely to continue to come up since the "Complete FreeBSD"
books that are already out there aren't going to get changed anytime soon
(*grin*) has anyone given thought to symlink'ing boot.flp to atapi.flp on the
ftp site and/or the CD's?  I'm sure y'all could figure out a mechanism for
letting the people know the "truth" somewhere down the road, but at least
having a file that matched their expectations would get the newbies off and
running.

	Personally I just tried it anyway and was pleasantly surprised that it
worked...but then I'm prone to doing dangerous things like that. :)  If there
is a good reason not to do this I'll understand, but it would be nice if the first
image people get of FreeBSD is a good (and successful) one, rather than
frustration.

blessings,

Doug

PS, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me that someone has done an
exhaustive search through all the docs and exorcised this particular
daemon for 2.2? :)