Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2007 06:40:00 -0400
From:      <takhoos@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD time servers and Windows clients

Hi all,
   I have one FreeBSD NTP server which syncs all my server clocks.   Gettin=
g the NTP server running was a piece of cake following the instructions in =
the online handbook.  Recently I was asked to sync a bunch of windows machi=
nes (10 of them) to my NTP server.   Now I'm not a windows person, so I ask=
ed one of the windows people to figure out his side since my side was up an=
d running.   He wrote this little .bat file to run on the windows boxes to =
be sync'd.   Its pretty straight forward....just save it as a .bat file (ti=
me.bat) and run it from your XP box.   Make sure to enter your NTP IP addre=
ss where the x's are below.     It seems to work fine for us.   Your mileag=
e may vary.  There may be better/easier ways of doing this, but this is wha=
t works ok for us....  =20

Here's the .bat file....use it at your own risk....

------------------------------------
@echo Updating Time Service....
@echo.
@echo.
@echo off
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0x8 /syncfromflags:manual
w32tm /config /update
@echo Restarting Time Service=20
@echo.
@echo.