Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 1997 07:44:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        darrylb@lizard.org (Darryl Bowler)
Cc:        airwalk@neumedia.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hard drives

In a previous message, Darryl Bowler said:
> > I am ordering a new hard drive to run freebsd on and I have an adaptec
> > 2940 controller.  I am thinking about either a 2.1 gig Western Digital
> > Ultra Wide SCSI for $525, or a Quantum Atlas ultra-Wide 2.2 gig 5 yr
> > warranty for $450.  Does anyone have any recommendations ?  I am also
> > putting in a Intel EtherExpress 10/100 network card.  Is this card ok ?

Be sure to get the Pro 10/100B, or you won't work. I've got this card in
a couple machines and its great. They worked very well in 10Mb mode, and
now are on a switched hub and are doing great on 100Mb + synchronous
mode. I've run 2.1.6, 2.1.7, 2.1.7.1, 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 on the card without
problems.

Paul.

--
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.
 -- Salvador Dali