Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:01:55 +0200
From:      Victor Ivanov <v0rbiz@icon.bg>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: quick question

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 01:52:30AM -0600, Chris wrote:
> Has anyone seen the following error with inetd? If so, how would I fix
> this?:
>=20
> inetd[75113]: auth/tcp server failing (looping), service terminated

Look at the man page. The service is terminated for 10 minutes because of
limits exceeded: runs per minute, runs per host for minute or total services
run at the same time. I guess you're sending many mails at this time, the
remote smtp servers are requesting ident(auth) for every connection. If you=
 run
inetd with the default limits this won't happen.
But I may be wrong.. I have this error periodically showing in the logs.

--=20
Players win and Winners play
Have a lucky day

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT