Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 20:05:15 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Niklas Saers <berenmls@saers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Niklas Saers wrote:

> Hi. I've just cvsup'ed 3.0-RELEASE and I try to build the imap-uw-port.
> However, at a make install clean I get:
>
> "Makefile", line 26: Could not find bsd.port.pre.mk
> "Makefile", line 28: Malformed conditional (${PORTOBJFORMAT} == "aout")
> "Makefile", line 28: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 30: if-less endif
> "Makefile", line 30: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 54: Could not find bsd.port.post.mk
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>
> Any ideas why?

Did you follow the correct upgrade procedure (make aout-to-elf, or whatever
the target is)? This file is supposed to be installed during the installworld
phase.

Kris

-----
(ASP) Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) announced today that the release of its
productivity suite, Office 2000, will be delayed until the first quarter
of 1901.