Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 23:40:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        Timothy Stoddard <tims@achilles.k12.ar.us>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PNP

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Timothy Stoddard wrote:

> When will FreeBSD address the PNP cards that are on the market.  I have
> a SMC ethernet card that I cannot use with FreeBSD simply because it is
> PNP.

There are alpha quality patches to support this card on
ftp://freefall.freebsd.org:/incoming/*PnP*

I own the SMC PnP card and it works fine with this driver.  The driver is
pretty stable, but there isn't a clean way to integrate this into -current
yet.

One small note.  Change this line in /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/pnp.c
	#define SEND(d, r)      outb (ADDRESS, d); outb (WRITE_DATA, r);
	#define SEND(d, r)   {  outb (ADDRESS, d); outb (WRITE_DATA, r); }

Sujal