Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:23:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another BSD anniversary

> Ok, i just filled a glass of wine...  My 386BSD 0.1 installation
> floppies are still around on a shelf.  I've talked with Hellmuth
> Michaelis last weekend, he's still got his 0.0 setup somewhere (i
> deleted my floppies to gain space for 0.1 -- blech!).  I know David
> Greenman still owns a set of 0.0 floppies.

I grabbed the red binder labeled "386 bsd" off the top shelf,
expecting it to be full of printouts and mail about the 0.0 to 0.1
days.  I figured I could find some good quotes in there - but like
Joerg I've foolishly reused it for something else.

However, I see that we ordered a motherboard and assorted pieces
on August 2, 1992 to run 386BSD exclusively by tearing apart a Sony
NEWS system and using the pieces to build a bsd system.  That system
is still online with no changes other than newer disks and a new
e-net card - ping hda.com and you'll be pinging it.  Never booted
an MS OS.  We've run on nothing else in house since.  This is
probably one of the oldest systems purchased exclusively for *bsd.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval