Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:47:08 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Keith Spencer <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how do I use mergemaster?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 03:33:29PM +1000, Keith Spencer wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I have successfully CVS upped with your help and seek
> to make installworld etc.
> I am using a cheat sheet and it tells me to now use..
> /usr/sbin/mergemaster -v
>
> I am doing so but what do I do with it? It is asking
> me to install delete merge temporary files.
> What options do I choose?

If it is a file that you have not made any local modicfications on you
should choose 'install'. If it is a file that you have changed choose
'merge'.

> i= seems to give " problem, leaving to deal with"

There is a bug in mergemaster in 4.3-STABLE that causes it to give this
error message.  Ignore it.

> m= gives me some editor I have no idea how to use

Try pressing 'h' to get help.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson