Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:17:28 -0700
From:      Michael Bryan <fbsd-secure@ursine.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Security Announcements?

What's up (or not up) with security announcements these days?
It's been some time since the NTP vulnerability came to light,
and many other affected systems/products have made their
announcements, but nothing official from FreeBSD yet.  Now we
have an FTP vulnerability hitting the streets too.

[And the published list of advisories jumps from FreeBSD-SA-01:25
to FreeBSD-SA-01:30, so it looks like 26-29 are in the pipeline?]

I know it's a thankless and time-consuming job, but it seems to
me that FreeBSD security announcements are taking longer to come
out than perhaps they should.  (Not meant as a slam against anybody,
especially since I'm not able to step up to the plate and offer any
help, but it is a growing concern I've had lately.  If everyone
thinks I'm just crazy, I'll go back under the rock I woke up under
this morning...)