Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 10:46:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      David La Croix <dlacroix@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation help needed

owensc (owensc@enc.edu) wrote:
: Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au> said:

: > If you had searched the archives, you should have read dozens of messages
: > which make it pretty clear that Linux Netscape only runs under
: > -current, and
: > that it's not likely that support will make it back into -stable in the
: > near future, if at all.

: Hmmmm.... Linux Netscape works quite well for me, and I'm running a
: -stable system dated March 16th.   Java apps and all work well.

not that this is directly related to running Linux Netscape, but There is
a new version of netscape, known as the "Atlas Preview release" which
contains JAVA support under ALL platforms.  It refuses to produce JAVA
output on my 8 bit X display though...  (even displaying remotely
from an alpha)

Running it remotely to a vxt 2000+ Xterminal seems to work (but slow)