Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:09:26 +0100
From:      Jamie Griffin <griffin8j@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating 800+ pkg's

I've waited for the new pkg version, 1.3+ so I can take advantage of it's
ability to manage package conflicts etc.

Currently, there are hundreds of packages to upgrade including the KDE
desktop from version 4.10 to 4.12. I am not using using the WITH_NEW_XORG
set of packages and my OS version is FreeBSD 10 Stable r267006. That will
be upgraded to r269179 later today though.

I would just like to know a little more about what to expect when I attempt
to upgrade my packages, e.g. can pkg(8) cope well with this level of
software upgrade, and should I expect loads of problems? Has anyone else
been in this situation recently?