Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:08:23 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Farooq Mela <fmela0@sm.socccd.cc.ca.us>
Cc:        anholt@teleport.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matrox G400 and XFree86-4/DRI

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

You ca nget this from Matrox. It used to be downloaded and installed with
the WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER make variable in the XFree86-4 port. It has
been disabled due to some issues with 4.1.0.

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 01:37:55AM -0700, Farooq Mela wrote, and it was pro=
claimed:
> Ah, it's great replying to your own posts ;-)
>=20
> I have DRI going with the drm.ko and mga.ko kernel modules, those
> loaded and worked without incident.
>=20
> Now, I'd just like to get it working with Xinerama; I have one
> XF86Config for DRI, single display, and a non-DRI one for using both
> my monitors. However, when I try to start Xinerama it says I'm missing
> an mga_hal.o file, which is apparently needed for getting dual-head
> working with the G400. This doesn't build out of
> /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4/work/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/mga
> either. Any ideas on how to build this file, or where to get it? :*D
>=20
> -Farooq
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-multimedia" in the body of the message
>=20

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z--