Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 21:02:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        gea@masternet.it (Beck Peccoz Amedeo)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't make world!!!

Beck Peccoz Amedeo stands accused of saying:

> cc -fpic -DPIC -O -I. -I/usr/src/lib/libncurses -Wall -DMYTINFO
> -DGOOD_SELECT -c /usr/src/lib/libncurses/lib_insstr.c -o lib_insstr.so
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 10

This is often indicative of a memory problem.  Have you successfully
built the world on this machine before?

It may also be due to VM problems as there are number of shakedowns
occurring in that area at the moment.  I'd stay away from -current
for another week or so to let the gurus sort it out, unless you're in
a position to help them.

> 'make world' twice and got the result above? Any idea?

At exactly the same point each time?

>  Please note that the CD-ROM hangs as well and that while compiling the
> kernel I get some warnings from time to time. Are theese problems
> related each other?

The kernel warnings are "normal", as for your CD hanging, with no details
as to what it is or what makes it hang, nobody can possibly answer that.