Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:26:57 -0600
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        a@zeos.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to choose an UPS?

If you are going to interface it with the FreeBSD for automatic shutdown,
etc.  Look at the port for nut in /usr/ports/sysutils.  This supports only
serial port models in the stable version but supports USB in the
experimental version.

I use the stable version and have bought Belkin's that have both USB and
serial ports on their units for monitoring.  This is in their line for
UPS-networking.  These are pretty good priced too.

         -Derek