Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:45:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "M. Goodell" <freebsdutah@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Webmail Recommendations

I know this question has been asked several times in various posts, however I want to ask it again with requirements specific to our needs. I work for a small firm and we are gearing up to host a few websites and would like to provide webmail for them.

There is a huge selection of webmail options to choose from out there and I have tried a couple of them only to experience a large degree of frustration trying to put all of the pieces together and have them work properly.

This is what we would like:

1 - Virtual mail accounts so we can have several email accounts without requiring a system user account.

2 - Clear / complete documentation - is this asking too much in the open source world? It would be nice to have some good well written documentation and reference material opposed to having to Google a solution to a problem most of the time.

3 - Scalability - We want to have something that will grow with us and not have performance suffer as a result of growth.

4 - Ease of maintenance - would like to be able to add / edit / delete / maintain user accounts and the system quickly and easily.

5 - Installation / configuration - Are there some applications versus others where the installation and configuration is better / intuitive and user / admin friendly.

I am listening . . .

Thank you for your time.

- Michael

 Sell on Yahoo! Auctions  - No fees. Bid on great items.