Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:17:32 +0200
From:      Denis J.Cirulis <monster@okb.lv>
To:        "Jorge Mario G." <vadersolo@hotpop.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VESA SUPPORT

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:36:16 -0500
"Jorge Mario G." <vadersolo@hotpop.com> wrote:

JMG> i add VESA suport to my kenrnel 4.2
JMG>
JMG> options VESA
JMG>
JMG> the i add thi to my rc.conf :
JMG>
JMG> font8x8="/usr/share/syscons/fonts/iso02-8x8.fnt"
JMG> allscreens_flags="132x43"
JMG>
JMG> but when i boot i see this error:
JMG> MODE NOT SUPPORTED BY DEVICE
JMG>
JMG> should i make "sh MAKEDEV *something*"????????????
JMG> thanx

I had the same problem due to what i changed my system back to linux. Nobody can help and all the answears were "Go and get more powerfull hardware"
My video adapters were ATI Rage128 and ATI Mach64.
I was lucky to get 132x43 mode , but my goal was to get VESA_1024x768 so I understood that i can't use fbsd on my desktop.
Advice : try to ask this question in freebsd-hackers

--
Just GNU it.