Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:24:07 -0400
From:      "Kevin Gross" <kc144@sprynet.com>
To:        "questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CVSUP and /usr/ports/someport/README.html

Hi all,

I've noticed a small problem:  Whenever I do a cvsup (see my cvsupfile
below), everything seems to get updated (source and ports) with the
exception to the README.html files in the ports directories.  For instance,
gnumeric is at version 0.56, but the /usr/ports/math/gnumeric/README.html
still says it is at version 0.48.  Is this a result of the port maintainers
just not updating the readme files (in which case I understand -- I am lazy
about paperwork, too) or something else?  It's mainly an annoyance, but it
would be nice to have updated descriptions of the ports.

Thanks,

Kevin Gross

cvsup file:
*default  host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org