Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 21:04:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI Motherboards..

Sorry for the somewhat on-topic but not quite message..

I am looking for PCI motherboards and hoping maybe someone had a
few suggestions.

I am not looking for any ol' PCI MB.  I am looking for a MB that can
handle multiple bus masters correctly (i.e. 486/Saturn II, or 586/Triton
chipsets, etc).  That's still not the hard part.

I need to be able to handle 3 or 4 long PCI cards.

The ASUS SP3G's and ASUS Triton-I boards I have here both have the CPU
right in the wrong spot.

I looked at an Intel Endeavor board and it looked somewhat promising,
it looks to have three of four slots unobstructed.  But I have zero
experience with them.

One of my PC vendor friends is pulling in a number of boards for eval,
but I thought I would ask here first.

Application:  anything using things like an Adaptec 3985 (think: NFS file
server) or a Znyx 314 (think: nifty router).

Anyone solved this problem yet?  :-)

Thanks,

... Joe

Solaria Public Access UNIX - Milwaukee, WI			   414/546-7968