Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:42:59 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        kkuehl@cisco.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 4.7-Stable kernel panic.

> From: "Kirby Kuehl (kkuehl)" <kkuehl@cisco.com>
> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:53:04 -0700
>
> I do follow this routine:
>  make buildworld
>  make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
>  make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
>  make installworld
>  mergemaster
>
> I just turned off the MATH_EMULATE today when I was turning on the
> debugging options.
> I also turned off apm today in an effor to eliminate things I didn't
> need hoping to find the source of the panic.

Kirby,

OK. Sounds like you are doing just what I did. I just did a cvsup
(RELENG_4) and am now running 4.7-Stable (Oct. 11 9:48:01 PDT). FWIW,
my T30 is a 2366-92U @ 1.8 GHz with the ATI Radeon Mobility M7
graphics, 1400x1050 display, and both 10/100 Ethernet and 802.11b.

No crash and no obvious problems. I'm baffled.

I suppose it's possible that you updated sources during a commit and
got a broken kernel that way. (Updated file referencing un-updated
file.) I'd try another cvsup and build a new kernel.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)