Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 96 09:46:23 EST
From:      mnobile@fivenet.ch (Matteo Nobile)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing and DES

Hi all,
	I've received the CD-ROM of the FreeBSD 2.1 and tryied immediately
to install it.
If I booted from the CD-ROM (SCSI Sony), the installation will not find my bustech
controller (it's at IO 130 insead of default 330) so I've created a floppy (makeflp)
and restarted with the "-c" option. I've indicated the IO region of the controller, cleared a 200MB Primary FAT partition and told installation it could go over installing from the CD.

Everything started fine but after a few second the installation told my it cannot copy some files to the drive and asked if I want to retry. I answered yes, the installation retryed and stopped again saying something about DES crypto system not exportable (I live in Switzerland), that I should download something from a local FTP. Then the installation continued installing other part of the system (I've selected x-user), and again told me it had problem copying, ...

After a few problem (all the same copying/DES problem) the installation told my I would had problem rebooting, in fact the sytem would not load.

Actually I've played a little with fdisk of OS/2 and dos and restored my Bootmanager and OS/2...

What do I have to do ? Is there a problem with the geometry of the drive ? what should I download and from where ?

I did not find any answer in the readme files (view).

Matteo Nobile
mnobile@fivenet.ch