Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2000 08:54:07 -0400
From:      "James E. Housley" <jeh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ports query/help

Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Jamie wrote:
>
> > Hi people,
> >
> > Having a bit of a problem.
> >
> > Bit of a newbie to porting, managed to submit
> > a new one OK but updating seems to be a prob.
> >
> > This looks fine to me but:
> >
> > jamie@element$ portlint
> > FATAL: extra item "PORTEPOCH" placed in the PORTNAME section.
> > Have tried alot of different ways of adding PORTEPOCH but no luck!
> >
> > Could anyone out their give me a kick in the right direction please?
>
> Yes, you have to kick mharo & will for not updating portlint. You can solve your
> problem by kicking them hard enough several times ;).

I can't kick will, he's my mentor, but I did submit patches for that
less than an hour ago.  I suppose I should send a roster over to get him
out of bed.  Since he was nice enough to give us his location in
port/xearth/files/fre..... all I need to do is teach the roster to use
my GPS ;-)

Jim
--
James E. Housley

Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me in your ~/.signature
to help me spread!             <- Save this lifeform ;-)