Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 02:12:37 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
Cc:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: broken pipe

"G. Adam Stanislav" wrote:

> Again, every single Windows install I ever used,
> started by checking if there was enough space on the disk.

Hmmm. Take a Win95 PC with ~15MB free space and _without_ QuickTime v3
installed, then install IBM World Book 99. It'll install, then decide it
needs to install QT v3 and then bomb out (& lock up) 'coz you ain't got
enough disk space. The only way out is a 3 finger salute which leaves a
partially installed World Book and all the QT install files in your temp
dir.

Windows 95 fool-proof computing...NOT. At least with Unix you have
control.

> Adam
>
>            ===> Whiz Kid Technomagic <===
>              http://www.whizkidtech.net/
>     The resource center for webmasters and web users
>        Winner of the Starting Point Hot Site award
>             Winner of the Lighthouse Award
>              Home of the Web Magic Award

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com