Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:12:58 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        horape@tinuviel.compendium.net.ar
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with gif tunnel: nd6_lookup: failed to add route for a neighbor

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 02:58:03AM -0300, horape@tinuviel.compendium.net.ar=
 wrote:
> =A1Hola!
>=20
> > > I'm experimenting with ipv6 and i need some help. I've a gif
> > > tunnel between a FBSD 4.0 and a FBSD 4.2.
> > >=20
> > > In the 4.2 side i get lots of messages like:
> > >=20
> > > Jan 16 02:34:05 ipv6-gw /kernel: nd6_lookup: failed to add route for =
a neighbor(3ffe:2900:b00d:ff00::0002), errno=3D17
> > > Jan 16 02:34:05 ipv6-gw /kernel: nd6_lookup: failed to add route for =
a neighbor(3ffe:2900:000b:000d::0001), errno=3D17
> > >=20
> > > each time i use such tunnel
> > >=20
> > > I've looked at some search engines and know it's a common problem but=
 no
> > > known solution (i'm tempted to recompile commenting out the log call)
> >=20
> > Your address prefix length is incorrect..can't remember what the
> > correct value should be off the top of my head, but it's come up
> > before so it should be in the archives upon closer examination.
>=20
> It looks like 128 is the "right" prefixlen. Problem is that my upstream
> provider (Sprint) wants to use 64 as prefixlen (IMHO FBSD is ok, but it
> seems to be the common practice to assign /64 to tunnels)

Hmm, not sure what can be done about that.=20

> > It's a common mistake - a FAQ question/answer would probably be in
> > order (could you write a doc PR once you've fixed it?).
>=20
> What's a PR?

Problem Report - it's the submission mechanism for changes and
patches, as well as bugs. You can submit one from the command-line
using send-pr with the doc patches if/when you write them (if you're
not familiar with docbook then ascii text is also fine), or using the
web interface at www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

Kris

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--