Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 15:33:51 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        GDB <g-d-b@freegates.be>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: e-mail: howto?

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 04:11:27PM +0200, GDB wrote:
> I want to use e-mail under FreeBSD 3.2. How can I do that? sendmail
> is running, but where do I have to specify my ISP POP and SMTP
> servers? What do I have to do to send and receive e-mail with, lets
> say, xfmail?

Please set you mailer to wrap at ~70 chars.

fetchmail and procmail would be useful. fetchmail, err..., well...,
fetches mail from your ISP and procmail is used to sort/filter mail
(e.g. to put all mail from -questions into one mailbox and all mail
from -chat into another etc.).

Both can be found in the ports collection (/usr/ports/mail).

--
		4.4 - The number of the Beastie