Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:22:57 -0700
From:      Jeremy Bingham <jeremy@satanosphere.com>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem w/ ACPI in -CURRENT: Update

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

On 30/09/03 15:04 -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Are you sure you tracked it down to INVARIANTS?  Or was it DDB?  Please
> try with _just_ DDB and see if you can still reproduce the problem.  If
> so, then when it hangs, hit CTRL-ALT-ESC and type "tr".  This will tell
> who is hung.
>=20
> As far as debugging prints, add the following printfs to
> acpi_cmbat_get_bif():
>=20
>     printf("Before getting BIF\n");
>     as =3D AcpiEvaluateObject(h, "_BIF", NULL, &bif_buffer);
>     printf("After getting BIF\n");
>=20
> -Nate

Tried compiling a kernel with just DDB, and I got no love. It still
hung, and although I tried hitting CTRL-ALT-ESC and typing "tr", it hung
so hard that even that didn't work.

-j

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Captain_Tenille
http://www.satanosphere.com/
jeremy@satanosphere.com

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ