Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 23:23:08 -0500
From:      Benjamin Lewis <blewis@vet.purdue.edu>
To:        "Neil C. Jensen" <njensen@salsa.habaneros.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I'm almost afraid to ask, but....

Niel C. Jensen wrote:
> It's time for us to upgrade and buy a new Internet server; primarily
> running Aache and probably mSQL. Our present server is based on FreeBSD
> 2.1R, and I've been very happy with it (thank-you FreeBSD team!).
> Unfortunately, I'm getting questions from my colleagues re. the use of
> other systems (i.e. Sun Netra, Sun SPARC5, SGI WebForce Indy, etc). The
> feeling is that because we are not paying (through the nose, I might add),
> we are not getting quality, fast systems. I would like to get some hard
> evidence to support my arguments to continue using FreeBSD.

The easiest thing to do would be to send a couple thousand dollars to
FreeBSD, Inc.  That way you get the same high quality operating system
that you already use, your colleagues feel as though they are paying
enough for a fast, quality system, and FreeBSD is able to improve even
more.  What a deal! And all for much less money than an SGI, too.

-Ben

P.S. Hard Evidence? [ftp|www].cdrom.com - the busiest server on the Internet.
--
Benjamin Lewis - blewis@vet.purdue.edu