Date:      Mon, 02 Mar 1998 05:12:06 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        "John Flickinger" <rmg421@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

John, please, provide:

FBSD version

All HW you have in your computer and they addresses/IRQs if you have
them.

Any other interesting info you may have about your computer.

you may choose make a test removing some not needed pieces of hW like
sound card, modem, etc, just to see if installation runs.

Another hint:

Make a DOS boot disk with devices for CD-ROM access, and run the install
from the CD. Just a guess. Make sure your CD rom is set as Slave. PPL say
it is not necessary anymore, but I've seen ppl having problems with it.