Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 01:25:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael Sharp" <freebsd@ec.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   libparanoia

I want to utilize libparanoia on my system and just installed the port.
However, in reading the pkg-descr, I dont understand how to do this part:

-- snip --
you can just install it as a port/package, and then relink critical
applications (such as a network daemons) with -lparanoia -L/usr/local/lib
, or you can override standard functions in libc (using
libparanoia/copy-to-libc shell script) - in this case you'll get any
application,which uses shared libc, automatically protected.
-- snip --

Can anyone using libparanoia suggest which method ( the shell script
method or  relinking critical applications ) is the best, and how to go
about doing either?

Thx,
Michael