Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:34:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <mitayai@dreaming.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   sb16, matcd and workman

Hrm... i have matcd support compiled in my kernel... i mount everything
ok... but when i try any cd player like workman or xcd, it won't
recognize a cd in the drive.

(i checked to make sure i hadn't mounted anything *grin*)

also, anytime i try to play sound out of my SB16 (to which my matcd is
plugged into) all i seem to get its static.

all i can configure by jumper on the card is the midi port (300 or 330),
otherwise everything is software configured.

It all worked fine under linux...

Here are my related configs from dmesg:

matcd - Matsushita (Panasonic) CD-ROM Driver by FDIV, Version  1(26) 18-Oct-95
matcdc0 at 0x230-0x233 on isa
matcdc0 Host interface type 0
matcd0: [CR-5625.00]

sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 7 on isa
sbxvo0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
 <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>

Anyone have any ideas?

-Mit

   Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe at DreamLabs Community Information Network
              Toronto/Peterborough/Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
           Web: http://www.dreaming.org/~mitayai  IRC: Mitayai
                       Email: mitayai@dreaming.org