Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:39:18 +0200
From:      "Marcel Grandemange" <thavinci@thavinci.za.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PXE/BOOTP.... etc

Im wondering if someone can assist me.

Im looking into building a machine that will allow me to boot other machines
off the network and install operating systems from say iso files.

Ive looked around and many require special images and a list of procedures
longer than my groceries list!

Windows Server 2003 has something built in but is ONLY for windows and
requires all sorts of special images.

What I want to do is simple..

Have a folder of my most common installed OS's in ISO form, have a BSD box
with pxe menu to select ISO and let it install like normal.

Is this possible? Advise?

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAGJPLKnJoyJDpeEQzt%2BkeprCgAAAEAAAACMf2D6Zh4hMksRBJgwoC5IBAAAAAA==>