Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:41:10 -0400
From:      Neeraj Garg <ngarg@SANDVINE.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   String and Pthread library conflict

Hi,

I am trying to create a cross-compiler between Cygwin and FreeBSD.  I am
using FreeBSD 4.5 release, gcc 3.0.4 on FreeBSD, gcc 3.1 and binutils 2.12
libraries to create a cross-compiler.  My cross-compiler successfully
compiles, but I am having the following problem:

pthread_create function works (if I don't include <string>)
std::string works (by including "string")

If I create a program with "pthread_create" and include <string> then the
program doesn't work and gives "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" error
message when "pthread_create" is called.  Does anyone know why this is
happening and how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Neeraj