Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:40:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      uwe farinol <uwefarinol@yahoo.it>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: partial support on asus p5vdc mx

Yes.

And for the archives, I thought that weird
"dev.acpi_sysresource.*" was
pointing out that some features of the BIOS were not
correctly
recognized by freebsd's acpi subsystem.

Actually, there is a more solid way to determine this.
By digging into
intel's acpi programmer reference
http://www.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/ACPICA-ProgRef.pdf
I found that a "_TZ_" scope must be provided by the
bios DSDT, that is,
a "Scope (\_TZ_)" be defined in the asl.

Besides the load of errors from iasl on the decompiled
dsdt, that zone
is missing in the ASL.

Whenever the feature/scope/method is implemented, but
buggy, I
found this collection of common acpi topics useful for
simple fixes:

http://www.cpqlinux.com/acpi-howto.html#fix_broken_dsdt

bye