Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:40:29 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar.flygt@sr.se>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Uninstalled all X stuff, still no mozilla

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:20:06AM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 00:04, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> > How come it is so impossible to make mozilla work with Xft?
> >
> > I uninstalled everything that involves X on my home machine,
> > running 4.8-RC, deleted what was left in /usr/X11R6 and remaining
> > graphical stuff in /usr/local. Recompiled from scratch. But still
> > mozilla dies after having worked on disk for almost a minute,
> > leaving only one line saying "killed".
> >
> > In /var/log/messages there is a message saying:
> > Mar 24 05:53:39 <kern.crit> enigma /kernel: swap_pager: out of swap space
> > Mar 24 05:53:41 <kern.crit> enigma /kernel: swap_pager_getswapspace: failed
> > Mar 24 05:53:41 <kern.err> enigma /kernel: pid 67777 (mozilla-bin), uid 1001, was killed: out of swap space
>
> Besides the FAQ I just sent you, do you have any user limits that could
> be limiting the amount of per-process swap?  What does the output of
> limit say for the user you're with which you're trying to run Mozilla?

Actually when uninstalling everything having to do with X, and reinstall
it all, I forgot to install webfonts and mozillafonts. It is running
now but with worse fonts than I've ever seen. It definitively is not
"anti-aliased" even though it is compiled with Xft2 support now.

And for all the things in the FAQ, I've followed this list since the
mozilla Xft thing started and tried all things you suugest, except
for the total de/reinstall of everything XFree86 related.

I guess I'll have to live with the horrible fonts in mozilla. It WAS
much better though before this Xft-thread started :(

--
Gunnar Flygt
OPC Data