Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:50:36 -0400
From:      "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mutt: how to compile w/ color

Hi,

I'm compiling mutt 1.2.5 on a FBSD 3.5 Stable machine.  Everytime
I compile from ports or from a source ball, color won't get
compiled in and all my "color lines" in .muttrc cause a "color:
unknown command" error.  running mutt -v shows that -HAVE-COLOR
was switched on, so the config prog. didn't think I had color.
But, indeed, I think I did.  $TERM was set to xterm-color.  SLang
TERMCOLOR was set to rxvt-xpm.  Neither ncurses or SLang compiles
would give me color.

Vim works in color, slrn works in color, w3m works in color.  Why
won't a mutt compile give me color?

TIA.

--
David S. Jackson                        dsj@dsj.net