Date:      Sun, 14 May 2006 22:26:13 -0700
From:      "Kian Mohageri" <kian.mohageri@gmail.com>
To:        "GreenX FreeBSD" <freebsd@azimut-tour.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: promt solution with max-src-conn-rate

On 5/14/06, GreenX FreeBSD <freebsd@azimut-tour.ru> wrote:

> They work, but there are some things not arranging me:
> - If to change port http for any other empty port (on http post, I have
> working apache) source IP does not get in the table though state it is
> created.

I would assume this is because those those stateful tracking options you're
using can only be used on connections that have completed the three-way
handshake--you're probably trying to use this on a port where nothing is
listening.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/filter.html#stateopts

I'd advise against what you're trying to do.  It won't make your box more
secure.

Kian