Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:47:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      Daniel Ortmann <ortmann@sparc.isl.net>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        pechter@shell.monmouth.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, kpneal@pobox.com
Subject:   Re: Token Ring

> > Which is why I ran Linux while inside IBM and FreeBSD elsewhere.
> > Token Ring is needed for many environments.  Johnson & Johnson's running
> > I think FreeBSD should consider expanding its support in this area.
>
> the point is, there is no "FreeBSD" company or individual, and most
> -hackers or core team happen to live in a better world and not have
> interest (or perhaps) time to invest in developing token ring drivers
> (whic means also hunting documentation etc. etc.)

I'll scrounge all the token documentation possible from inside IBM
for anyone volunteering to build a driver.

(A colleague is running some ported apps on L___x.  I'd like to see
FreeBSD on that box instead.)

I'll also volunteer to test it as much as possible.

--
Daniel Ortmann       507.288.7732 (h)  ortmann@isl.net
2414 30 av NW, #D    507.253.6795 (w)  ortmann@vnet.ibm.com