Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:25:46 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   kde is hosed?

Okay, sent in a reporta little while ago about not being able to get
kdebase11 installed after kdelibs11, and after doing some further research
on it, its obvious why...

I started to go through the aclocal.m4 file, to see if I could narrow down
the problem.  kdelibs11 installs include/libs in /usr/local/{include,lib},
but according to around line 771 in aclocal.m4, it looks in:

kde_incdirs="/usr/lib/kde/include /usr/local/kde/include /usr/kde/include
/usr/include/kde /usr/include /opt/kde/include $x_includes $qt_includes"

so, I cheated, and I created a /usr/local/kde directory, with a symlink
for /usr/local/kde/lib and /usr/local/kde/include ... no probs, now it
hits 'no KDE libraries', so I once more dive in ...

aclocal.m4 is looking for:

		$ac_kde_libraries/libkdecore.la

All we have installed is:

ath# ls -lt libkdec*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      30 Mar 23 14:15 libkdecore.so -> /usr/local/lib/libkdecore.so.3
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  647856 Mar 23 14:15 libkdecore.so.3

And looking in the PLIST file for kdelibs11:

ath# grep libkdecore pkg/PLIST
lib/libkdecore.so.%%LIBVER%%
@exec ln -sf libkdecore.so.%%LIBVER%% %D/lib/libkdecore.so
@unexec rm -f %D/lib/libkdecore.so

This is a fresh install of 4.0-RELEASE, upgraded to 4.0-STABLE, and then
install everything else over top of it ... it isn't even an upgrade :(

Thoughts/comments?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org